Here is the book Natalie wrote at school that got her sent to the Young Author's Conference this year. I had to scan the pages anyway to send to Nick, so I thought I'd go ahead and post them here.She is proud of her little book and I am proud of her too! If you know Natalie even remotely well, then you know that she'll draw all day long- so you can tell that either she just wasn't feeling up to illustrating some of the pages of the book or she was rushed and pressed for time. Who knows- but you can tell it's not her usual artistry. The writing makes up for it though.
The pages didn't scan as well as I had hoped- probably because it was written with a pencil- so I had to type the text with each page.
Natalie's Young Author's Conference Book, February 2008, 1st Grade
Oh and by the way... No, I have not secretly gotten married. Despite our repeated discussions explaining things to Natalie, she insists on calling Jason her step-dad. She understands that he's actually not though. She says she "just likes saying it."
1 comment:
Natalie, I love your book! You did such a great job! I left you a comment on your book slideshow. Keep the imagination growing! I love you!
Post a Comment