Hope everyone is having a safe and happy 4th of July! We just took it easy and visited my family at my parent's house- had all the grandkids together at the same time- a rarity! Jason and I spent a small fortune on fireworks and the "men" gave us quite a show.I could see the Disneyland fireworks show from my hotel room in Anaheim- every single night at 9:30 for 20 minutes or so- every night! Disney was literally right across the street from my hotel. I just got home Wednesday night so I am kind of fireworked-out. Anaheim was nice though- great weather. We drove to Laguna Beach one night. I stuck one foot in the Pacific Ocean- brrrrr! Natalie stayed with her Aunt Courtney while I was gone so Jason and I made the trip to Fairhope to pick her up last night. We left at 4:00 p.m. and got home about 2:00 a.m. There and back, with a few stops- but at least we got it over with and could just relax today. I'm not even going to tell you how much that cost in gas though! Natalie had so much fun with Courtney, John, Elijah, Joseph and Berea the past 8 days. Jason and I have both worked 2 weeks straight and neither of us have been able to spend any time with Natalie so we all just did the family-thing today. We went to lunch at Jim N' Nick's with just about the whole family. I got to meet little Skylar for the first time. She is a doll! Then we headed to the fireworks store, then back to my parents' house to let the kids play and swim and wait for the show. We're kids just wanting to chill-out this weekend. Nothing major or stressful. Of course, I took some pictures but I haven't had a chance to upload them yet so... just keep an eye out... : )
No comments:
Post a Comment