Jennifer and James just got back from Paris and while they were there, James proposed! ...and not only did James propose, but he proposed on the Eiffel Tower! Oh yes he did. Doubt anyone I know will ever top that. I mean, they make movies about that. Lots of them. What a great story to tell your kids.The first things out of Natalie's mouth when she found out were the questions (imagine that : ) "So, Preston's going to be my brother?!" (Uh, no.) "Man I wish we could have seen it. Can we go to Paris to watch them get married?" (They're not getting married in Paris but you can watch them get married here.) "Is Preston gonna wear a rose-suit?!" (Huh?) I don't know how long it would have taken me to get the 'rose-suit' thing but luckily Jennifer caught on immediately and explained it to me- I should have known that! I'm usually a bit quicker...
Funny thing... Before Jennifer and James knew each other or started dating, I always thought Jennifer was too picky. She'd like someone and then would suddenly just not like them anymore. I remember telling her, "Guys that do fun stuff with you and take you places and are normal and have a job and don't live with their parents (and a bunch of other things I'll omit)- those guys don't exist." I think I said that to her when she decided some random guy, who I may have had high hopes for, needed to take a hike. But leave it to Jennifer to go off and prove me wrong and find that guy who I said didn't exist. So, I'm glad she didn't listen to me. : ) Makes for a good love story.
CONGRATULATIONS Jennifer and James! You guys are perfect together. We love you and we're so happy for you!
Funny thing... Before Jennifer and James knew each other or started dating, I always thought Jennifer was too picky. She'd like someone and then would suddenly just not like them anymore. I remember telling her, "Guys that do fun stuff with you and take you places and are normal and have a job and don't live with their parents (and a bunch of other things I'll omit)- those guys don't exist." I think I said that to her when she decided some random guy, who I may have had high hopes for, needed to take a hike. But leave it to Jennifer to go off and prove me wrong and find that guy who I said didn't exist. So, I'm glad she didn't listen to me. : ) Makes for a good love story.CONGRATULATIONS Jennifer and James! You guys are perfect together. We love you and we're so happy for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment