2.27.2008

The Littlest Author

I went to Natalie's school Tuesday morning for the Young Author's Tea. Parents aren't invited to the Young Author's Conference this Saturday so instead, we were invited to the tea. The students that were chosen (I think one from each class) each read their book to the gathered parents. Natalie's book was called "All My Wishes". They won't be able to bring it home until next week so I'm going just off of memory here but it said something about wishing everyday was a school day, wishing she could go to Alabama Adventure everyday, wishing there was a disco ball hanging in the school so they could dance and sing, wishing everyday was Valentine's Day because it's all about love, wishing for an American Idol party- and there were several other wishes but that's all my exhausted memory is willing to conjure up at this late hour. Nick also told Natalie that he went to the Young Author's Conference too and that the book he wrote in elementary school might still be stashed away somewhere at pap's house so Natalie thought that was really cool. I added a few more pictures from the Young Author's Tea to the album.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Natalie! What an honor! You are so smart! I can't wait to hear the story you wrote!

Heather said...

Dear Brownie: "Well, that's good because I already finished it." -Natalie