...and to get more sleep than last week. Last week was crazy-busy. We were insanely busy at work every day and it was hard to leave every evening to rush off to take Natalie to whichever event she had that night: Monday was their end-of-the-cheer-year skate party at Skates 280 (Natalie won the 8 yr olds' foot race- yay!); Tuesday was their Christmas Concert at the school; Wednesday was their end-of-the-cheer-year team party at Pump-It-Up; Thursday was the last night of Chelsea Park's Christmas Concert and since Natalie is in Harmony Hornets (the choir), she had to be there all three nights. But her music teacher let her miss Monday night so she could go to the Cheer Banquet and get her trophy and stuff. So, by Friday, I was so wiped out after working all day on Friday (which I hardly ever do) and from only getting 4-4½ hrs of sleep every night since the Sunday prior, that I came home a complete space-cadet and laid on my bed with my eyes closed- but not sleeping!- until it was time to get up to get Pepper.
We got to keep Pepper this weekend, which was great because Jaxon, Alex and Kaitlyn also spent the night with us last night and got to spend time with her. All the kids helped me put the Christmas Tree up and we watched a bunch of kids' Christmas movies- including Elf, my favorite Christmas movie! I love getting the kids together to play and I love spending time with all of my nephews and nieces. Looks like Jaxon and Alex are now ready to join the older kids on the BIG sleepovers at Aunt Heather's house when all the kids come over at one time to spend the night. So, I think we'll be giving that a test run some time before Christmas- all 6 kids, ages 4-12. Does it make me crazy that this sounds so much fun to me?! : )
◄ These are Natalie's 3rd Grade 2009 Yearbook Pictures (age: 8½ yrs.)
Now I need to really get on it with the shopping for all the stuff that goes under the tree. I've only bought two things so far- so lots more to do! It is hard to keep up with all the stuff Natalie does want and absolutely does not want, what she's into at the moment and what would be so uncool that she would be horrified to unwrap... So I made her a Universal Gift Wish List to make my life easier and it's something friends and family can use if they don't know what to get her or need some ideas. I know it's been really helpful for me at least so maybe some of you other moms might want to look into it- it's a free service on Amazon.
I've taken lots of pictures these past two weeks but I haven't posted them yet... who knows when that will happen! : ) Oh, and Natalie laid out her crackers and water tonight under the Christmas Tree so that her elf will return soon. So we'll have to see in the morning if she came back....

No comments:
Post a Comment