11.17.2009

Video: So Close

Up until tonight, I have never heard of the song "So Close" or the artist that sings it, Jennette McCurdy. But after listening to Natalie sing it ALL NIGHT, I've heard it more than enough at this point. Is this a country song? I'm not a fan of country. I'm not a big fan of singing either. I seriously try to avoid singing "Happy Birthday" at whatever the cost. Someone usually breaks out into song approximately every 30 minutes at our house; and guess what? It's NEVER me. Doesn't leave you with a lot of extra choices, does it?

Natalie and her dad often sing to each other on the phone when he calls. Evidently, he asked her to learn this song and sing it to him. So I walked into the playroom (where the computer is) and Natalie had pulled up the lyrics on a YouTube video and was pausing, stopping, rewinding, etc. and writing down each lyric that it showed her on the screen. Bless her heart! She already had 4 pages done and was rushing to finish the rest before bedtime. So I showed her the easy way to do it: Google Search: So Close Jennette McCurdy lyrics; then click "Print" and Ta-Da!

...and 1 hour later, this is what we end up with... (Natalie singing 11/17/09)

No comments: