11.16.2009

Video: Cheerleading Competition

The Cheerleading Competition Natalie has been practicing so hard for was in Vestavia yesterday. We were running late so when we got there, the stands were packed and there was nowhere to sit. But I was fine sitting on the other side, at their backs. I just figured I would go buy the DVD that they have some guy professionally shoot and they sell somewhere up front. But once I start looking for a guy with a video camera, I quickly realize there is no guy! Checked with someone... yep, no guy. Wonderful! But with as much work as she has put into it, I had to have this documented. So I hugged the walls and made it to the other side. But it was not a good place to record from. I was too short and people kept walking in front of me. All the stairs were blocked with people sitting on them and I ran out of options because I ran out of time because they started and it was Do-or-Die time. So I soldiered on for the sake of my baby girl's memory. So please excuse the quality of this video.


Natalie's squad came in 5th PLACE! That is pretty awesome considering their squad had a lot less girls and our girls were much younger. We ended up getting out of there earlier than expected and were able to make the last 2 minutes of Jaxon and Alex's 4th birthday party. But they kept the cowboy-party going for at least another hour once we got there.

Natalie is the tall one in the front, far right, front row. I was very proud of her! She was so nervous and she did so great! They went up against some great teams with awesome routines so I think the girls were happy with 5th- I know Natalie was!
More pics in the album too!

No comments: