
Since we are without Natalie this week, we got a babysitter for Pepper (thanks Mom!) and we went to see Watchmen last night. I have mixed feelings about it. First of all, it was really long- almost 3 hours! Secondly, it was pretty indulgent and although I did get the underlying meaning there, it was pretty sporadic in its telling. It was incredibly graphic- lots of genitalia- not one for the kiddies, for sure! It had some really cool parts though and the soundtrack was awesome. They reenacted a lot of really profound moments from the 60's, 70's, 80's... and had some people in some incredible effect make-up to look like public figures of that time - so that was pretty cool. My dad would have liked it more just because he's probably more familiar with the comic book personalities and it was set in 'his time'. Jason was pretty disappointed but I was good with it- I want to see it again- especially the beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment