12.19.2008

Elf at the Movies

After Natalie went to sleep last night her elf, Emily, used some of her Barbie furniture and set-up a mini living room right in front of the TV in our living room. She even popped some popcorn and had it sitting beside her. When Natalie woke up this morning, her elf was kicked back with a snowman-friend watching the Elf Movie (the one with Will Ferrell) on the TV. It was quite a scene and the first words out of Natalie's mouth this morning were "oh.... my.... gosh..."

A couple of days ago, Natalie was getting ready for school and said, "I wish my elf had a backpack". I told her that they didn't make backpacks that small. We went to Brookwood Mall last night and I was in KB Toys when I saw a little box of mini backpacks at the counter. They were High School Musical too- just like Natalie's backpack. What are the chances of that?! Jason distracted Natalie so I could secretly buy it. Once we got home, we realized that if we saved the backpack for Christmas, her elf would never get to use it since it was going back to the North Pole with Santa on Christmas Eve. So I gave it to Natalie before school this morning and she absolutely loved it! It was the perfect size!

No comments: