12.07.2008

The Domino Effect

Everything I do lately seems to have a domino effect. For instance, last weekend, we planned to put the Christmas Tree up. But the bottom of my hot water heater rusted out the week before and flooded my bedroom. So then we had to empty A BUNCH of shelves so we could get to a wall the water heater was behind. Then surprise, I have to buy a $300 hot water heater to replace the one that just caused us to rip up drenched carpet from my room. Nice, right? With Christmas around the corner and all. Thankfully, Jason, his dad and my dad did most of the work so I just had to fork up the money and do a lot of cleaning. Since we were cleaning off a lot of shelves to get to the water heater, I thought, well most of this stuff has to go to Hannah Home so I may as well just box it up now. Then that turned into, well since we are taking this stuff to Hannah Home, we may as well box up the stuff in the shed that needs to go too. Now that was not a quick little task and it certainly wasn't fun- especially when it started raining and didn't stop. But we eventually got it done. I was still left with a bunch of misplaced things from the shelves that had been taken down. I had actually been wanting to take those shelves down anyway to make some extra closet space but had not taken on the task of finding new places to put all the stuff from the shelves. This is what I get for procrastinating, right? Then it was Thanksgiving- stuff to cook, places to be- Then Natalie had a stomach virus...

Obviously, the tree has yet go up. But that is what I plan to do today! I MUST get it done today! Unfortunately, that will involve some rearranging of things from room to room. We have definitely run out of available space here and need a house. I'm so afraid to buy a house with the way the economy is right now. Then there's that domino effect again... If we buy a house, we need to get married first, so then we have to have a wedding, which costs too much money and stresses everybody out.

I took Friday off and chaperoned Natalie's school field trip to Children's Theatre. They saw The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. It was okay. I almost fell asleep but the kids liked it. It was surreal riding a school bus. Friday night, we babysat the twins so Karin & John could go Christmas shopping. I know I say this all the time, but Jaxon and Alex are just hilarious. Natalie lost ANOTHER tooth Friday night. That makes three in one week. Surely she can't have more than one or two more left to lose. Saturday, Natalie went to her friend's birthday party at Skates 280. We watched my friend Ashley's baby, Ava, so mommy could go Christmas shopping. She is about 7 months old, I think. Jason, Natalie and I really had fun playing with her. She's like a little doll- SO pretty and SO sweet.

1 comment:

Shirley Fike said...

Wow, what a busy last couple of weeks you have had. So, does this mean you will be Mrs. Champion before long? Y'all have been together for a while and are just so cute together! I say "go for it" :-)