10.06.2008

Talking dogs never cease to entertain.

My nephew Matt's 11th birthday is Saturday. He wanted to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua so I took Natalie, Zach and him on Friday night to see it. All three of them were cracking up- talking animals usually go over really well with them. Sunday, we went to visit the Perrin's. Jaxon and Alex are talking like crazy. Natalie helped them make little ghosts that they hung on a tree in the front yard.

I still haven't smoked! I am on Day 6, although it feels like Day 26. Here (and here) is a picture of my new-but-used car for those of you that were asking. I am starting to get used to driving it. Natalie doesn't understand why all of the sudden I don't want her bringing her markers in the car. That is just one of the many 'new rules'. I want to get my windows tinted but I'll just have to add that to the if-I-ever-have-any-extra-money-list.

Natalie is doing a fundraiser at school. Halloween is just around the corner but they're already selling Christmas stuff. Times have certainly changed... They tell kids NOT to go door-to-door because that is too dangerous. Instead, if you can't see the catalog itself, you can purchase things from her online catalog. It's convenient and all, I get that. I just think it's funny. Not very personable when you're trying to raise funds, huh? Nevertheless, I'm telling you about it... So I can sleep easier at night and not feel like a bad parent. Oh and by the way, there's non-Christmas stuff in there too. : ) Most of the money they raise will be used to purchase a sign/marquee for in front of the school. She'll be doing this fundraiser until next Thursday, October 16th.


1 comment:

Misti said...

Congratulations on the new car- if ANYBODY deserves it, you do! And congrats on the no smoking too! That is awesome!