
I got back just a few hours ago from
Jennifer's "Bachelorette Party Beach Weekend"! We had so much fun! Not as much drinking as you would have thought though... There were 7 of us for the weekend but 8 of us on Saturday- the big night! There was lots of laughing, lots of jokes, lots of reminiscing, lots of gossip, some tears, several games, only one mechanical difficulty and just a little bit of the inevitable arguing that can sometimes occur rather harmlessly between good friends who all happen to be pretty stubborn. : ) We lucked out with very little drama, no driving, only one weirdo and no throwing up at all (for anyone! all weekend!)!!!

Friday night, we got there a little later than we were hoping- around 6:30- due to a certain Miss-Gotta-Go-Pee, Pee, Pee (you know who you are). We went to get a few groceries and drinks, then brought all of our stuff to the condo. Then we ate dinner at The Hangout. Afterwards, (and at Michelle's persistent demand) we walked back on the beach to the condo from The Hangout. I usually only like walking on the beach at night with a flash light. I'm always afraid to step on a jellyfish or piece of glass or smoosh a crab. My paranoia was not completely unfounded because we did come across 3 rather large washed-up jelly fish on the way back to the condo. After seeing the first of these and the largest, I couldn't tell you anything else we saw because I stared down at the ground the remainder of the walk, occasionally squealing and jumping over who-knows-what? Fish guts? Killer crabs? Ragged shells that could cut though glass? Harmless shadows? Seaweed?

When we got back to the condo, Jennifer opened up her Lingerie Shower gifts and received some very pretty, girly outfits. Then we played 'Who knows the Bride The Best" and can you believe I WON?! I beat Marin by 1 point!! Who would've thought! I did have a little help. I would not have known a couple of the questions had we not discussed them on the VERY long car ride down there. But still, Marin was in that car too and regardless of whether she knew the answer before that car ride, I still won! Hallelujah!

We spent a hazy Saturday on the beach. Even sticking it out amidst the occasional light rains that came through. We played some games, drank the good kind of drinks, played "Never Have I Ever" (don't ask, we were all sworn to secrecy : ), flipped through celebrity news magazines- commenting on who we love, awful outfits, who we hate, fabulous clothes, who just needs to pack it up and head back to the ranch, good new movies, killer shoes, etc...
Don't fret, we also had some intellectual or educational conversations too... Not sure which of those words would really be appropriate to describe conversations about the
Chupacabra, missing toddler
Caylee Anthony, the supposed discovery of
Big Foot's body,
The Loch Ness Monster,
Kudzu's threat to the environment and it depleting our oxygen supply, Obama and the upcoming election, missing girl
Madeleine McCann, the
Olympics, the situation in
Georgia with Russia, the
Kraken and lots more.

Saturday was the big Bachelorette Party night and we started with having dinner at the new Live Bait at The Wharf. It was so good! Nothing at all like the Live Bait on Perdido Beach Blvd. which is where we headed afterwards. Then we went to the Flora-Bama where I got my hair stuck on a nail! There was a deck pole up on the balcony that the back of my head was up against and when I started to walk away, I got jerked backwards because my hair was wrapped around a nail. Instead of ripping my hair out, I kind of pulled on the top of the nail and seriously pulled the longest nail EVER right out of the wood. It was very random and luckily, that one nail wasn't holding the place together but I wouldn't have been surprised had the whole deck collapsed from the loss of that one nail. It was enormous! It made for some good laughs though. Both places were really packed and we all had so much fun, especially our Bride-To-Be! We made sure to play the Bachelorette Party game where she has a list of things she has to do before the end of the night. Believe me, the night would not have been the same without that list!
I wish we were able to have Girls' Weekend or even just a Girls Night more often. Nothing as extravagant as Jennifer's Bachelorette Beach Bash, of course. As much as I love, love, love Jason and Natalie and as much as I adore my friends' spouses or significant others... It was so great to have that alone time with the girls. I didn't feel as old this weekend as I normally feel.
No comments:
Post a Comment