6.21.2009

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads! Our whole family got together at 9:00 this morning for a Father's Day breakfast to celebrate the dads in our family. They're the best!





Last night, we went to see The Hangover. It was hilarious- Definitely one of the funniest movies I have seen in a while! We kind of had a distraction in our aisle during the movie though... There was a group of people sitting a few seats down from us- looked to be a family with adult children and their spouses- well they had a young man with them who had some type of disability- maybe a low-functioning form of autism? I don't know. But he looked to be an older teenager. I found it odd that his parents would bring him to such an inappropriate movie but whatever. He was definitely a handful for them in the movie. He yelled for popcorn in the beginning, then knocked the whole thing over. He kept trying to leave and they had to pull him back and hold him in his chair. He would also periodically sing and hum and rock back and forth. It didn't really bother us and the family seemed like it was the norm for them- it was kind of distracting though. But his parents were really kind and gentle with him and you've got to applaud them for being so patient. So, hats off to all the parents of special-needs children... I don't know how you do it!

By the way, I uploaded the few pictures I took at the beach to the album, along with some other pictures from the past several weeks.

No comments: