5.04.2008

This weekend doesn't count! I want a re-do!

So for whatever reasons, life has certainly been an uphill battle for the past three months. Or the past eight years, however you want to look at it. The last three months I think have just been the truest test of my sanity to date. Trying not to let the everyday, day-to-day responsibilities of life wash you out, swallow you up, discard you, forget you, limit you, tame you, suck the last bit of happiness in its truest form right out of you. It's all so very complex, isn't it? There will always be something to make the best of, won't there? But that's not necessarily a good thing now is it? Regardless, you just keep on and on and on... Because some of us have the option of giving up and some of us have had it drilled into us that "you should never, ever give up". So I guess, that's what I'll fall under until I really do lose it, lose myself to my own mind. Kind of like a hamster can sometimes eat its babies. The main visual image I took with me from 3rd grade and see, I have been able to apply that valuable lesson later in life. Well maybe not the lesson but the imagery of it nonetheless.

So back to what I was saying... This past week was especially hard to get through. My 27th birthday was thrown in there somewhere. Even though Karma started raining down on me after lunch... those first 4 hours before lunch were exactly how a fabulous birthday should be spent. I had so many fun things planned for this weekend but for whatever reason, everything gets switched around, rescheduled, cancelled, and then we're going here and here and suddenly here, unexpectedly there.

In the chaos over past few days, Jason and I did manage to see Iron Man. Those who know me best will know that was my idea. Yes, I do have a slight obsession with comic book heroes. You, know, there was once a time when I thought I was SHE-RA. Seriously. But I also love Robert Downey Jr. and heard he was great in it and he certainly was! We also managed to squeeze in a quickie visit to see the twins. That is pretty much the only time I laugh really hard. They cheered me up in a heart beat. So, as long as its not too selfish of me and as long as my mopey-mood doesn't rub off on them, I'm going over there anytime I get depressed for the Jaxon-Alex tune-up. It works wonders. I wish they could bottle it so you could just pop a little happy pill and TA-DA!, you're cured!

By the way, Happy Birthday Lauren!
Today is my oldest sister's 34th birthday! I hope you have a great birthday Lolly!

No comments: