skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Cliché of a Blog
I realize that the whole blogging thing is such a cliché but you know what, it serves a purpose and it works for me. I don't understand why so many things made available on the world wide web have so many stigmas associated with them: MySpace, Chat Rooms, YouTube, Message Boards, Facebook, Instant Messaging, even ebay- and those are just to name a few! Why are people more apt to accept Facebook over MySpace, like Facebook is on some higher level or something? If MySpace did not set an age limit for its use, then why the general consensus that people over a certain age who use it must be lonely, friendless, pedophiles or stalkers? I think it's because people tend to shun what they don't understand and are unable to relate to. All of the online services I mentioned above serve a purpose and if that purpose meets any random need for an individual and it's legal, then more power to you! "Judge not, least ye be judged" and all that... So, considering all that, Voilà!... I've started a blog. My friend, Adrien, started one a while back so that family and friends scattered all over the country could keep up with them and their new baby girl, Baylee. My sister, Lauren, started one to get people's opinions on the upcoming election. I have a lot of family and friends who are not in to the whole MySpace thing and that's perfectly fine- to each their own- but that is usually the only place I post new pictures. Hence, starting the blog... I plan on posting pictures and random updates here. So this should solve the problem. Unless you never get on the internet and in that case, since you'll never see this anyway, get with the times! Now, onward we go...
2 comments:
Well, the whole thing with FaceBook is that it was designed for college students only having access, therefore creating an "elite only" stigma, whereas MySpace & bloggers, anyone could use.
...in regards to your "grasping at validity" header...I found a quote and thought it a profound response to how we look at life...We need to look with new eyes and get a new vision of life...Life is good and it's not as complicated as we sometimes make it....."We often lack that outside perspective and get stuck continuing in life in our same routine's lacking objective and critical analysis of our actions." It's up to us to be happy and it's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. Lauren
Post a Comment