Today was Fine Arts Day at the school and Natalie had to dress up as her favorite author, musician, artist or book character. I wanted her to dress up as Van Gogh and tape her ear up so she could tell everyone she cut it off (kinda morbid though, huh? I thought the kids would think it was cool). But Natalie wanted to dress up as one of her favorite book characters, Fancy Nancy. Fancy Nancy Clancy is in a series of children's books. She wears clothes that don't match and likes things 'fancy'. She has very curly hair so I rolled Natalie's hair last night when it was wet and she slept in curlers. When we took it down this morning, it was just hilarious. I wish you could have seen it when I first combed it. It was enormous! She thought she looked just like Annie. She wasn't far off...Friday night, we went to watch Jaxon and Alex and had so much fun! We played all night! They are just really funny kids. Their birthday is next week but their birthday party is this Saturday morning and Natalie is extremely excited about it. Not only does she love, love, love the twins- But she also loves, loves, loves JumpZone! So Saturday should be fun. : )
They decided late last week that they weren't going to cheer at Natalie's game so that left us with a free Saturday. We were able to make it to Matt's big championship game against Vestavia. They usually end up playing Vestavia for the championship but unfortunately I think they have lost in the past. But not on Saturday! The Thompson Warriors whooped Vestavia! WooHoo! Go #96!!! Afterwards, we went to Papa Saia's to celebrate and watched the end of the Alabama game. Then Natalie and I had LOTS of shopping to do! She has grown so much this past summer that barely any of her clothes fit. She was down to only one pair of comfortable pants. But we fixed that Saturday and Sunday, we got her a ton of new school clothes, a new book bag, a new coat (the softest coat ever!), and she bought a new diary with her own money from the tooth fairy.
1 comment:
She looks so cute dressed up. My Natalie loves those books too.
Post a Comment